We're happy to announce that the Green Party of Vancouver will be holding a nomination meeting on August 16th for our City Council candidate and August 26th for our School Board candidate(s).
Both of these meetings are open to new and non-members alike. However only those who have been members for at least two weeks prior to each meeting will be eligible to vote for the candidate(s). Those whose membership has lapsed within one year of each meeting can renew in advance online at vangreens.ca/membership or at the door. Additionally, you must be in attendance to vote as our bylaws do not permit proxy voting.
Nomination Meeting Locations and Times:
- 7:30pm - 9:30pm on August 16, 2017
- Royal Bank room, YWCA Hotel, 733 Beatty St, Vancouver (map)
- 10am - 2pm on August 26, 2017
- Peter Kaye room, VPL Central Branch, 350 W Georgia St, Vancouver (map)
- July 26, 2017: City Council and School Board Nomination periods open
- August 2, 2017: City Council Nomination period closes at 5pm. Last day to register as a new Green Party of Vancouver member to vote for a City Council candidate.
- August 12, 2017: School Board Nomination period closes at 5pm. Last day to register as a new Green Party of Vancouver member to vote for School Board candidate(s).
- August 16, 2017: Nomination meeting for City Council candidate.
- August 26, 2017: Nomination meeting for School Board candidate(s).
Please note, as our Constitution and Bylaws require 30 days notice for an SGM, we are calling a Nomination Meeting for School Board on August 26, 2017. If a School Board by-election is not called we will cancel the August 26th meeting and send you notice of that cancellation. Candidacy applications may be requested from Jacquie Miller, Chair of our Election Committee.
We have a great opportunity this by-election to elect another Green to City Council and help build a better Vancouver, together. We hope you can get involved in supporting the campaign by donating or signing up to volunteer. We hope you can join us for our nomination meetings on August 16th and 26th.
Thank you for your ongoing support.