Please join us this Saturday, October 7th - THE LAST SATURDAY BEFORE ELECTION DAY! - for a Day of Action to help spread the word about the Green Council and School Board candidates to thousands of Vancouver households in a single day!
This Saturday, we'll be doing two different activities, at two different locations in Mount Pleasant and the West End. You can decide which one you'd like to participate in.
OPTION ONE: Flyer drops in Mount Pleasant (Meet at Hayan Mug Coffee Roasters, 3702 Main St)
Here's the plan:
1. Meet up with Jordan at Hayan Mug Coffee Roasters at 3702 Main St. At the beginning of each hour (1pm, 2pm, 3pm or 4pm) for a greater chance of teaming up with other volunteers, or drop in anytime if you don't mind flyering solo.
2. As volunteers arrive, we'll send you in groups or on your own out into surrounding neighbourhoods to stick our newspaper flyers in mailboxes. Enjoy some outdoor exercise while helping make a breakthrough at City Hall!
3. Mission accomplished - come back to the cafe for refreshments on us!
OPTION TWO: Rolling Street Canvass in the West End (meet at the SE corner of Denman & Nelson - by Denman Place Mall)
Here's the plan:
1. Meet up with Jacquie at the southeast corner of Denman and Nelson, right by the entrance to Denman Place Mall, at 1pm.
2. Together, we'll canvass south along Denman and eventually move onto Davie. We'll aim to end up at Davie & Bute by 3pm.
3. If you have any trouble locating the canvassers when you arrive, you can contact Jacquie at 604-340-8897 to find out where they are.
We hope you can join us for one of these impactful activities on the last Saturday of the by-election campaign!