On March 11, Vancouver Green Party members voted 100% at the party’s AGM to support Adriane Carr running for mayor. Adriane stated her desire to continue to serve our city. She will run for mayor if public support is strong enough for her to win. Otherwise she will run for a third term as a Green city councillor. The party understands the risks and is now assessing her chances of winning the mayor’s seat. It’s an exciting time!
Here’s what people are saying about Adriane Carr for mayor
Adriane Carr would be a fantastic mayor!
● She has led the way in setting the standard for collaborative, cooperative politics on city council for the last 7 years.
● After 2 terms on city council, she knows Vancouver and how city hall works.
● She listens to people and works to unite them.
● She brings decades of experience in community engagement and sustainability to the table.
● She has fought for real affordability, not unaffordable market-rate housing.
● Concerned about our city and our childrens’ future, she has pushed for a sustainable, green city and stronger action to prevent climate change, including opposing Kinder Morgan’s pipeline project.
● She’s not in the pocket of developers and can be trusted to put public interest first.
● Last election, Adriane won more votes than any councillor in the history of Vancouver — and more than the NPA mayoral candidate in that election. She’s popular with all parts of the electorate and across all parts of our city!
How do you feel about...
● The 1st Green mayor of any major city in North America!
● The 1st female mayor to serve Vancouver!